Tema: Spansk borgerkrig 1936-39
Se også: Se også: Spanien
- Spansk borgerkrig 1936-39
Se også: Spanien
- Andy Durgan: Den spanske borgerkrig: Kæmp mod fascisterne – skab en ny verden
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 353, aug 16 – side 15
Note: Revolutionen, hvor de spanske arbejdere og bønder gjorde oprør mod et fascistisk kup, ligger nu 80 år tilbage. Socialistisk Arbejderavis gør status.
- Andy Durgan: Trotsky and the POUM
International Socialism Journal nr. 147, jul 15 – side 193
Note: A review of Alan Sennett, Revolutionary Marxism in Spain, 1930-1937 (Brill, 2014/Haymarket, 2015), £98/£18
Historical debate about the outcome of the Spanish Revolution (1936-37) has often centred on the dissident communist Partido Obrero de Unificación Marxista (POUM). For the Trotskyist movement the POUM was responsible for the revolution’s defeat. So given there is little in English on the POUM, the publication of Alan Sennett’s book, a revised version of his 1992 doctoral thesis, is to be welcomed.
- Dalia Said Mostafa + Regi Pilling + Siobhan Brown: Women and revolution
Socialist Review nr. 367, mar 12 – side 18
Note: International Women’s Day, 8 March, was established by socialists to celebrate the struggles of working class women. We look at how the fight for women’s liberation and revolution has gone hand in hand with three great revolutions – in Russia in 1917, Spain in 1936-37 and Egypt today.
- Matthew Cookson: Book Review: A history full of lessons
International Socialism Journal nr. 121, jan 09 – side 188
Note: Pierre Broué and Emile Témime, The Revolution And The Civil War In Spain (Haymarket, 2008), £30
The Spanish Revolution of 1936-7 was the high point of the working class struggles that marked the 1930s. It inspired millions across the world with the belief that it was possible to resist fascism, which had risen to power with minimal opposition in Italy and Germany. But the revolution was crushed not by fascism but by Stalinism, which placed the Republican forces on the road to their ultimate defeat in 1939.
- Mike Gonzalez: Culture Column: Federico García Lorca: the poet at five in the afternoon
Socialist Review nr. 324, apr 08 – side 30
Note: When fascist thugs murdered the 38 year old poet Federico García Lorca in Granada in August 1936, they pinned a note to his body. It denounced the writer for his politics and for his homosexuality.
- Chris Ealham: Review: Revolution and reaction in Spain
International Socialism Journal nr. 117, jan 08 – side 181
Note: Review: Andy Durgan, The Spanish Civil War (Palgrave Macmillan, 2007), £14.50
For all the thousands of books published on the Spanish Civil War, few studies of the conflict’s origins, course and consequences are as valuable and welcome as this current study.
- Andy Durgan: Andreu Nin and the Poum in the Spanish Revolution
Socialist Worker nr. 2057, jun 07 – side 13
Note: The revolutionary socialist Andreu Nin resisted fascism and Stalinism during the Spanish Civil War of 1936-9. Nin was murdered by Stalinists 70 years ago this month. Andy Durgan looks at his life.
- Andy Durgan: Den spanske borgerkrig: Barcelona maj 1937 – revolutionens vendepunkt
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 270, jun 07 – side 15
Note: I maj 1937 udbrød der blodige gadekampe i Barcelona. Kl. 3 om eftermiddagen d. 3. maj 1937 væltede politi og civilgarder ud fra tre lastvogne og forsøgte at trænge ind på telefoncentralen i Barcelona. Dette var begyndelsen til ’Majopstanden’, som ofte er blevet beskrevet som ’en borgerkrig i borgerkrigen’.
- Andy Durgan: Barcelona May 1937: Repression that crushed the Spanish revolution
Socialist Worker nr. 2053, jun 07 – side 6
Note: Our series concludes with an Andy Durgan analysing the defeat of the Spanish Revolution
- Andy Durgan: Barcelona May 1937: How the counter revolution began in Spain
Socialist Worker nr. 2052, maj 07 – side 6
Note: Andy Durgan explains how the May Events were the critical turning point in the Spanish Civil War
- Andy Durgan: Barcelona May 1937: The move to crush possibility of change in Spain
Socialist Worker nr. 2051, maj 07 – side 6
Note: Our new series begins with a look at the revolution that swept Spain in 1936
- Andy Durgan: Den spanske borgerkrig 1936-39: Kæmp imod fascisterne – skab en ny verden
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 258, aug 06 – side 6
Note: Andy Durgan kigger tilbage på revolutionen for 70 år siden, hvor de spanske arbejdere og bønder gjorde oprør imod et fascistisk kup.
Andy Durgan var historisk rådgiver for Ken Loachs film „Land and Freedom“ om den spanske borgerkrig
- Andy Durgan: Seventy years after the Spanish Civil War
International Socialism Journal nr. 111, jun 06 – side 163
Note: Spain, July 1936, has a double historical significance for the left internationally. There was Franco’s militarycoup which began the civil war and 40 years of fascist rule. And there were the counter-uprisings of workers,which overturned the coup in most of the important cities, delaying the final fascist victory for nearly threeyears, and creating a revolutionary atmosphere, especially in Catalonia. Andy Durgan spoke to IS about the way these things are seen in the Spanish state today.
- Pierre Broué: Trotsky and the Spanish Revolution
Note: This article was written as an introduction to a Spanish language edition of Trotsky’s writings on the Spanish Revolution. The English translation that appears here was published in Fourth International, Vol.4 No.1, April 1967.
- Andy Durgan: Barcelona class war
International Socialism Journal nr. 106, mar 05 – side 163
Note: A review of Chris Ealham: "Class, Culture and Conflict in Barcelona 1898-1937" (Routledge, 2004), £70
- Andy Durgan: Freedom fighters or Comintern army? The International Brigades in Spain
International Socialism Journal nr. 84, sep 99 – side 109
Note: The International Brigades are one of the most famous examples of internationalism in working class history. Andy Durgan, historical adviser on Ken Loach's Land and Freedom, assesses their impact in the Spanish Civil War.
- Andy Durgan: Bookwatch: Civil War and revolution in Spain
International Socialism Journal nr. 69, dec 95 – side 109
Note: Andy Durgan was an historical adviser on Ken Loach's acclaimed film about the Spanish Revolution, Land and Freedom. In this quarter's Bookwatch he supplies a comprehensive readers' guide to one of the turning points of the 20th century.
- John Newsinger: Orwell and the Spanish Revolution
International Socialism Journal nr. 62, mar 94 – side 71
Note: George Orwell's "Homage to Catalonia" is quite simply one of the best books ever written about revolution. But it has always suffered attack from sections of the left-Stalinists then and some feminists today. John Newsinger looks at the history of the Spanish Revolution, Orwell's politics and the reaction of his critics.
- Dorte Lange: Den spanske borgerkrig – 50 år efter
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 21, aug 86 – side 10
Note: Spanien fik sin første regering med arbejderdeltagelse i 1936, Folkefronts-regeringen. Præcis som det ville ske herhjemme idag var den ikke i stand til at styrke arbejderklassens kamp for socialisme – men smadrede derimod arbejderopstandene mod fascismen.
- Andy Durgan: The rise and fall of Largo Caballero
International Socialism Journal nr. 18, dec 82 – side 87
- Andy Durgan: Revolutionary Anarchism in Spain: the CNT 1911-37
International Socialism Journal nr. 11, dec 80 – side 93
Note: The origins of Spanish anarchism lie in the birth pangs of a locally weak capitalism and the waves of rural revolt which swept the peninsular in the second half of the nineteenth century. The complex reasons why anarchism should take root so firmly in Spain have been discussed elsewhere. Suffice to say that the peculiar social, economic and political situation in nineteenth century Spain did not bode well for normal trade union practices, particularly in the countryside. Anarchist ideas fitted many of the traditions of Spanish workers, e.g. federalism, and their influence spread partly because they became available in the key formative years of the workers’ movement.
Der blev fundet 21 artikler
- Leder: Optimisme eller pessimisme?
- Ny bog: Åbn grænserne
- Europæisk aktionsdag mod racisme og fascisme 18. marts
- Trump i problemer
- Stem NEJ til overenskomsten
- Rumænien: Masseprotester kræver premierministers afgang efter ‘korruptionslov’
- 100 år for den russiske revolution: Februar-revolutionen
- Danmark har slaveblod på sit flag
- Socialisme for begyndere: Revolutionen må spredes
På forlaget Modstand.org finder du bøger, pjecer og meget andet.