- Ken Olende: Book review: The Comintern and the African Atlantic
International Socialism Journal nr. 145, jan 15 – side 203
Note: A review of Hakim Adi, Pan-Africanism and Communism: The Communist International, Africa and the Diaspora, 1919-1939 (Africa World Press, 2013), £28.99, and Holger Weiss, Framing a Radical African Atlantic: African American Agency, West African Intellectuals and the International Trade Union Committee of Negro Workers (Brill, 2013), £170
- John Riddell: Feedback: Letter to the editor
International Socialism Journal nr. 142, apr 14 – side 201
Note: I would like to question a statement by Sebastian Zehetmair published in issue 136 of your journal in autumn 2012 under the title: “Germany’s Lost Bolshevik: Paul Levi Revisited”. In Zehetmair’s view, the dispute over revolutionary strategy that gripped the Communist International in 1921 was closely linked to a division in the Bolshevik Party over policy towards Russian peasants and towards the NEP (New Economic Policy).
- Ian Birchall: Being right is not enough: Some thoughts on Paul Levi
International Socialism Journal nr. 138, apr 13 – side 199
Note: John Rose and Sebastian Zehetmair are quite right to welcome the publication of David Fernbach’s collection of Paul Levi’s writings. There is still much to be learnt from the early years of the Communist International.
- Duncan Hallas: The Comintern (1985)
Note: Denne lille bog forsøger fra et revolutionært socialistisk standpunkt at give en introduktion til Komintern, fra dens stiftende konference i 1919 til Stalins afvikling af den i 1943.
- Ken Olende: Uniting in struggle: John Riddell on the Communist International in 1922
Socialist Worker nr. 2128, nov 08 – side 14
Note: Historian John Riddell spoke to Ken Olende about his latest project – shedding a new light on the 1922 congress of the Communist International
- Chris Bambery: Syndicalism and the limits of radical trade unionism
Socialist Worker nr. 2104, jun 08 – side 13
Note: Chris Bambery looks at the issues raised by some fascinating debates between revolutionaries and left wing trade unionists in the early 20th century.
- John Riddell: The Comintern: The death of the Comintern
Socialist Worker nr. 2077, nov 07 – side 9
Note: John Riddell, the pre-eminent historian of the Communist International (or Comintern), concludes his series with a look at how the degeneration of the revolution in Russia into dictatorship sounded the death knell of the Comintern
- John Riddell: The Comintern: The united front: ground for common work
Socialist Worker nr. 2076, nov 07 – side 9
Note: In our continuing series on the Communist International, John Riddell, the pre-eminent historian of the International, looks at how revolutionaries can make alliances with trade unions and reformist organisations.
- John Riddell: The Comintern: Class struggle and trade unions
Socialist Worker nr. 2075, nov 07 – side 9
Note: In the sixth part of our series on the Communist International, known as the Comintern, John Riddell, the pre-eminent historian of the International, looks at the role of trade unions in the struggle for change.
- John Riddell: The Comintern: Liberation of the sexes
Socialist Worker nr. 2074, okt 07 – side 9
Note: In his series on the Communist International historian John Riddell looks at how the revolutionaries made equality for women a central feature of Communism.
- John Riddell: The Comintern: Reaching out to the villages
Socialist Worker nr. 2073, okt 07 – side 9
Note: John Riddell, the pre-eminent historian of the Communist International, continues his series by looking at how revolutionaries attempted to reach out to the “toiling masses” of the countryside.
- John Riddell: The Comintern: How the Third International began
Socialist Worker nr. 2070, sep 07 – side 9
Note: John Riddell, the pre-eminent historian of the Communist Third International, continues his series, by looking at the origins of the International.
- John Riddell: The Comintern: Stuttgart 1907: debating reform and revolution
Socialist Worker nr. 2065, aug 07 – side 9
Note: As a prologue to a major new series on the Communist International, John Riddell, examines discussions on war and socialist unity at the 1907 Stuttgart conference in Germany.
- V.I. Lenin: Udkast til teser om det nationale og koloniale spørgsmål
Note: Skrevet i 1920 til Kominterns 2. kongres (og vedtaget med visse ændringer).
- Leon Trotskij: Om enhetsfronten (1922, norsk)
Note: Oversatt fra "On the United Front (Material for a Report on the Question of French Communism)", Del I: Almene betraktninger om Enhetsfronten. Skrevet av Trotski for det utvidete plenum av Kominterns eksekutivkomité, februar 1922. Trykt i "The First Five Years of the Communist International", volume 2, p.91 (New York 1972).
Her fra Internasjonal Sosialisme, udgivet af IS-Norge, nr. 2, vinteren 1985, s.20-21.
- Lesley Hoggart: Spirit of revolution (foundation of Comintern)
Socialist Review nr. 118, mar 89 – side 22
Note: Seventy years ago this month revolutionaries from across Europe and America met to found the Communist International. They met as workers throughout Europe were rising in revolt. Lesley Hoggart looks back at this high point of international revolutionary organisation, and shows how their arguments over strategy and tactics provided essential weapons for socialists.
- Ian Birchall: From Comintern to Cominform
International Socialism Journal (1st series) nr. 87, apr 76 – side 32
Note: The Communist Movement from Comintern to Cominform. Fernando Claudin. Peregrine, £4.75.
Fernando Claudin was an active militant of the Spanish Communist Party for over 20 years, and at the time of his expulsion in 1965 he was a member of its Politbureau.
Der blev fundet 17 artikler
- Leder: Corbyns succes giver håb for et andet Europa
- Inger Støjberg: Statsansat løgner for de riges og racisternes regering
- Afvist asylansøger: “Uvished er min fremtid”
- Syrien: revolution, kontrarevolution og krig
- Vi arbejder hårdere – bosserne lukrerer
- Fagligt oprør på vej?
- Portører går i principiel strejke
- Elektrikere vinder strejke
- Skipper & Co. mellem modstand og tilpasning
På forlaget Modstand.org finder du bøger, pjecer og meget andet.