- Ian Birchall: Stalin’s river of blood
Socialist Worker nr. 2343, mar 13 – side 14
Note: On the 60th anniversary of the death of Russian dictator Joseph Stalin, Ian Birchall looks at his life and how his politics damaged the idea of socialism for decades.
- Julie Waterson: The party at its peak (Nina Fishman: "The British Communist Party and the Trade Unions, 1933-45")
International Socialism Journal nr. 69, dec 95 – side 77
- Lee Sustar: Communism in the heart of the beast (Michael E Brown, Randy Martin, Frank Rosengarten and George Snedeker (eds): "New Studies in the Politics and Culture of US Communism")
International Socialism Journal nr. 68, sep 95 – side 81
Note: Lee Sustar reviews a history of the US Communist Party
- Richard Greeman: The return of Comrade Tulayev: Victor Serge and the tragic vision of Stalinism
International Socialism Journal nr. 58, mar 93 – side 79
Note: Victor Serge, the great revolutionary chronicler of the Russian revolution, was also a fine novelist. The greatest of his fiction, The Case of Comrade Tulayev, has just been re-published after 20 years. In an article extracted from his forthcoming biography of Serge, Richard Greeman examines Serge the artist and Serge the anti-Stalinist, carefully tracing the links between art and life.
- Alex Callinicos: Rhetoric which cannot conceal a bankrupt theory: a reply to Ernest Mandel
International Socialism Journal nr. 57, dec 92 – side 147
Note: Alex Callinicos replies to Ernest Mandel's article printed in our previous issue.
- Chris Bambery: The decline of the Western Communist Parties
International Socialism Journal nr. 49, dec 90 – side 3
- Philip Spencer: The ‘left’ face of Eurocommunism
International Socialism Journal nr. 5, jun 79 – side 92
Note: It is becoming something of a cliche in the revolutionary left these days to analyse the phenomenon of Eurocommunism in terms of the Social Democratisation of the Communist Parties of the advanced capitalist countries.
- Notes of the Month: Eurocommunism: Euro CPs & the crisis
International Socialism Journal (1st series) nr. 103, nov 77 – side 5
Note: The current strategy of the major Western European Communist parties is to prove that they are responsible and respectable candidates for the role of rationalising and modernising their ‘own’ local national capitalism in the face of a capitalist crisis. To do this they need to present themselves both as potentially safe governing parties and as capable of controlling the response of the working class.
- Duncan Hallas: Communism and Stalinism (On John Golan’s Social Democracy: Some Problems)
International Socialism Journal (1st series) nr. 87, apr 76 – side 25
Note: Just over 20 years ago this month (to be precise, on the 24th and 25th February 1956), Nikita S. Khrushchev, then First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, delivered his “secret speech” to the twentieth Congress of the CPSU.
Der blev fundet 9 artikler
- Leder: Fra 1917 til 2017 mod et nyt samfundssystem
- Når “tålt ophold” bliver utåleligt
- Velfærdens dag uden tænder
- Løkkes finanslov er en åben krigserklæring
- Den seksuelle krise
- KV2017: Spræng rammerne! – Der er råd til velfærd. Stem Ø
- Ideer til at forstå og styrte systemet
- Den russiske revolution 100 år: Kornilov-kuppet
- 1 sep: Højreekstrem terror i Charlottesville
- Gesten Pride – et modsvar til homofoberne
- Imellem håbløshed og enorme muligheder - at være revolutionær 2017
- En gryende bevidsthed om at det nytter at stå sammen og slås!
- Spændinger mellem USA og Nordkorea er imperialistisk magtspil
På forlaget Modstand.org finder du bøger, pjecer og meget andet.