- Annette Mackin: Guantanamo: US force feeds Muslim prisoners on hunger strike during Ramadan
Socialist Worker nr. 2361, jul 13 – side 8
Note: The US is refusing to stop the force-feeding of 45 Guantanamo detainees through the annual Muslim fast of Ramadan. The men are among 106 detainees who are on hunger strike in protest at being held in the prison for years without trial.
- Guantanamo files show US horrors
Socialist Worker nr. 2249, apr 11 – side 3
Note: Some 700 leaked US government files about Guantanamo Bay show the brutality and paranoia at the heart of the regime. The documents show the lengths the US has gone to in order to get confessions at the notorious island prison—using torture, threats, and drafting in interrogators from regimes like Yemen and Morocco.
- John Clossick: New Labour wants to cover up Guantanamo links
Socialist Worker nr. 2192, mar 10 – side 5
Note: New Labour is determined to continue its cover-up of MI5 collusion with Guantanamo Bay. London resident Shaker Aamer has been in Guantanamo Bay for eight years without charge or trial.
- John Clossick: Brown's Guantanamo, Miliband's disgrace
Socialist Review nr. 345, mar 10 – side 4
Note: New Labour is seriously concerned about its election prospects. One of the many fronts on which it is attempting damage limitation is the mounting evidence of involvement by MI5 and the Foreign Office in the Guantanamo torture of British residents.
- Ken Olende: Barack Obama and the order to close Guantanamo
Socialist Worker nr. 2136, jan 09 – side 2
Note: US president Barack Obama has issued a number of executive orders in his first week in office that distance him from his predecessor George Bush – on Guantanamo Bay, stem cell research, reproductive rights and climate change.
But in other respects – such as the war in Afghanistan – he has made clear that it is business as usual for US imperialism.
- Editorial: The British government is implicated in torture
Socialist Worker nr. 2136, jan 09 – side 12
Note: Foreign secretary David Miliband has welcomed Barack Obama’s decision to close Guantanamo Bay.
But Miliband is still refusing to disclose the documents that would reveal the full extent of British involvement in “extraordinary rendition” and the interrogation of terror suspects.
- Carole Vincent + Guy Smallman: Ex-guard at Guantanamo speaks out on torture camps
Socialist Worker nr. 2134, jan 09 – side 14
Note: The main hall of Friends Meeting House in Euston was packed out last Sunday with people demanding an end to the Guantanamo prison camp and similar institutions.
- Editorial: Unjust show trials at Guantanamo
Socialist Worker nr. 2131, dec 08 – side 12
Note: Five men accused of connection with the 9/11 attacks of 2001 emerged this week from the isolation of the Guantanamo detention centre to stand before a military commission. Each entered a guilty plea and demanded the death sentence. Their spokesperson Khaled Sheikh Mohammed had been subjected to torture.
- Simon Basketter: British state is complicit in Guantanamo torture
Socialist Worker nr. 2116, aug 08 – side 2
Note: Evidence at the High Court last week has revealed that once again the British government has being lying over the use of torture, and has been illegally kidnapping people as part of the "war on terror".
- Guy Smallman: Protest for Guantanamo detainee
Socialist Worker nr. 2112, aug 08 – side 16
Note: On Thursday 24 July Binyam Mohamed turned 30. For six years he has been held without trial by the US in Guantanamo Bay.
- Patrick Ward: Interview: Moazzam Begg: Operation end your freedom
Socialist Review nr. 327, jul 08 – side 18
Note: As Labour imposes more draconian legislation, Patrick Ward asks former Guantanamo detainee Moazzam Begg for his views on civil liberties today
- Clare Fermont: Reviews: Guantanamo: A Novel
Socialist Review nr. 327, jul 08 – side 27
Note: by Dorothea Dieckmann, Duckworth Overlook, £8.99
The terror and incipient madness felt by all those who have been whisked from normality to the US offshore torture camp at Guantanamo Bay are captured from the opening sentence of this extraordinary book.
- Andy Worthington: Guantanamo Bay — jumpsuits and torture
Socialist Review nr. 321, jan 08 – side 6
Note: This month marks a particularly grim anniversary — the reviled prison at Guantanamo Bay has been open for six years. Although over 60 percent of the nearly 800 detainees have now been released, the predicament facing the remaining 290 is as bleak as ever.
- Anindya Bhattacharyya: Guantanamo Bay: hopes for freedom
Socialist Worker nr. 2081, dec 07 – side 4
Note: Family and friends of Omar Deghayes – the Brighton man incarcerated in Guantanamo Bay for six years – are greeting with cautious optimism media reports that he and three other British detainees are soon to be released.
- Guantanamo chaplain exposes US torture
Socialist Worker nr. 2081, dec 07 – side 4
Note: James Yee served in the US army and was posted as a Muslim chaplain to Guantanamo Bay.
He started raising concerns about how prisoners were being treated – and promptly found himself arrested and charged with sedition.
- Matt Foot: Book Review: Clive Stafford Smith: Bad Men
Socialist Review nr. 315, jun 07 – side 23
Note: When George Bush opened his offshore prison camp of Guantanamo in January 2002, he was proclaiming to the world that he and the US were above the law.
"Bad Men – Guantanamo Bay and the Secret Prisons" by Clife Stafford Smith is published by Weidenfeld & Nicolson, £16.99.
- Guantanamo Bay: Et globalt eksperiment i umenneskelighed
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 223, jan 04 – side 3
Note: USA’s eksempel legitimerer nu undertrykkelse verden over!
- Guantanamo: Amnesty i protest mod Bush
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 222, dec 03 – side 10
Note: Amnesty International har lanceret en kampagne, hvor man kan protestere direkte til præsident Bush over de forhold, fangerne på Guantánamo-basen på Cuba er udsat for.
Der blev fundet 18 artikler
- 18 mar: Trump lider tilbageslag for sit andet muslimforbud
- Leder: Kampen mod racisme og mod nedskæringer hænger sammen
- Anne Lise Marstrand: “Behandlingen af flygtninge skaber forråelse”
- Blokade på Campus Kaos
- Stem NEJ, organisér modstand
- Demonstrationer landet over 10. maj
- Sydkorea: Rigsretsanklage mod afsat præsident
- Er arbejderklassen blevet til et prekariat?
- Socialisme for begyndere: Fra arbejdermagt til det klasseløse samfund
- USA: Modstand mod Trump
- Præsidentvalg i Frankrig: Fascisten Marine Le Pen fører
- 13 mar: Kampen mod racisme er international, siger græsk aktivist
På forlaget Modstand.org finder du bøger, pjecer og meget andet.